We are not looking for "just" a paralegal. We are looking for a great teammate to join our growing and dynamic family law firm. If you have family law experience and want to be a part of this unique firm, this could be the career change you have been looking for.
Who We Are
About Autumn Beck Blackledge PLLC
Autumn Beck Blackledge PLLC is a fast moving, high growth family law firm with a laser focused goal to provide our clients with superior legal representation and white glove client care. We believe families and relationships are the root of civilization and happiness. We believe that family is defined by a wide range of relationships and that all types of families are to be valued by our society. We believe that healthy and happy families create healthy communities, and that communities are the foundation of the country. We know that families are not perfect, that change happens and that a family law case is often the most difficult time a person may ever navigate in their life. We focus on protecting our clients so that they can move forward. We believe that by giving clients a strong new start, we are helping one family at a time to become healthier and happier and in turn, we better our society as a whole.
Check out what we are about on our website and our various social media outlets.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about Family Law? Are you compassionate and non-judgmental? Do you possess strong research and writing skills? Do you excel in quarterbacking a case from start to finish? Are you highly motivated to provide excellent support to firm attorneys and clients? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing setting?
Final question: when faced with a challenge, do you get excited or run away?
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for family law, and want to provide white-glove service to our clients, you might be the perfect fit for the role of Paralegal.
- Paralegal Certification preferred
- College degree preferred
- Positive, Joyful Attitude
- 3 or more years of experience as a Paralegal or legal assistant*
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Team Player
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Expertise with MS Word and Outlook
- Expertise with Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Familiarity with Zoom and Video Conferencing
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as the quarterback for cases assigned and as the “right hand” man or woman to the attorney assigned to your case
- Be the office liaison to existing clients on cases assigned
- Prepare pleadings, legal memoranda, correspondence, and research
- Prepare and review outbound discovery
- Review and organize incoming discovery
- Prepare Trial Binders, Exhibits and PowerPoints
- Prepare questions for direct and cross-examination
- Prepare discovery summaries
- Conduct Potential Client Intakes
- Client service and relationship management
- Drafting, revising, and editing documents in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Coordinating, scheduling, and calendaring appointments and hearings
- Use of computers and various software such as Abacus, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with Zoom and Video Conferencing
A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Competitive Salary of $40,000 plus depending on experience.
- Easy and predictable bonus structure and clear expectations for earning.
- Health, dental and vision insurance with options to add spouse and dependents
- Progressive Paid Time Off starting with one week per year, 9 paid Flex Holidays. The Firm uses a flex holiday schedule to help promote religious and cultural diversity and to support parents so that they can navigate children’s school schedules in a way that is best for their family.
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match (aka, free money)
- Parental, Personal and Bereavement Leave: Additional time off for things like medical appointments for yourself, plays and events for your children that happen during the workday and time to honor and mourn should someone close to you pass away without using your paid time off.
Why You Should Work Here
- You will become part of a unified company culture with teammates who are truly dedicated to success.
- You will work with attorneys who value your input and collaborate to achieve the best client results.
- You will benefit from the tried-and-true marketing efforts of the founding attorney so that you have a steady stream of diverse cases and opportunities for bonus payments.
- You will be in an environment that is always ready to tackle a new initiative and put creative ideas into action.
- You will grow personally and professionally. Every measure is taken to ensure our team members thrive. Paid Continuing Legal Education, Paralegal bar dues and professional membership dues as well as opportunities to obtain certifications and specializations.
If you’re looking for a job that’s boring and easy, you won’t find that here. We put 110% into everything we do. Greatness is achieved through hard work, discipline, and sacrifice, and we’re determined to be great. We value our clients and our team. We are relationship driven. We subscribe to open and honest communication in a no-drama, no-judgment work environment. We challenge ourselves to creatively solve complex problems. We collaborate together as a team to ensure success. For these reasons, our team members are self-starters, with high attention to detail. We are energetic with strong work ethic and are incredibly driven to provide exceptional client service. We pride ourselves in delivering products that our clients cannot live without.
If this sounds like a perfect fit, send your confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org