I'm not looking for "just" an Associate Attorney. I am looking for a great lawyer for our office interested in starting or continuing their career in Family Law. This opportunity will not be for everyone, but for the right lawyer, this could be the opportunity you have been looking to excel in a practice dedicated to caring for clients on the front lines of the legal system.
Who We Are
About Autumn Beck Blackledge PLLC
Autumn Beck Blackledge PLLC is a fast moving, high growth family law firm with a laser focused goal to provide our clients with superior legal representation and white glove client care. We believe families and relationships are the root of civilization and happiness. We believe that family is defined by a wide range of relationships and that all types of families are to be valued by our society. We believe that healthy and happy families create healthy communities, and that communities are the foundation of the country. We know that families are not perfect, that change happens and that a family law case is often the most difficult time a person may ever navigate in their life. We focus on protecting our clients so that they can move forward. We believe that by giving clients a strong new start, we are helping one family at a time to become healthier and happier and in turn, we better our society as a whole.
Check out what we are about on our website and our various social media outlets.
Who You Are
Are you obsessed dedicated to helping real people with your law degree? Are you passionate about Family Law or believe that you will be? Are you compassionate and non-judgmental? Do you possess strong research and writing skills? Do you want to learn how to be not only a great litigator, but also a strong negotiator and a person a client can lean on for advice?
Final question: when faced with a challenge, do you get excited or run away?
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for practicing law, and want to provide white-glove service to our clients, you might be the perfect fit for the role of Associate Attorney.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) Degree
- Must be an active member and in good standing with the Florida Bar
- High level of intuition, work ethic and educational record
- Mock Trial, Moot Court, Law Review or Journal experience a plus
- Ability to understand Florida state and federal divorce and family laws
- Ensure high quality of work by taking full responsibility for all work-product assigned and/or delegated
- Exceptional research and writing skills
- Ability to deliver exceptional hands-on client service and work with all ages and walks of life, including children
- Ability to explain legal matters to clients with little legal knowledge
- Understand the experience of negotiation and other dispute resolution methods
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand complex legal documents / forms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Zoom and Video Conferencing
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform a wide variety of functions to support Autumn Beck Blackledge, PLLC practice including discovery, deposition, and mediation
- Provide consistent legal guidance and support to our clients
- Interview all those involved in the case
- Research, identify, and secure assets
- Review and draft all court required filings
- Draft pleadings, correspondence, and memorandums
- Anticipate legal risks
- Coordinate with paralegals to ensure that clients meet their legal obligations
- Ensure that agreements are implemented
- Research cases by interviewing witnesses, reading depositions, reviewing evidence and speaking with the client to determine the best strategy for defense
- Adhere to a consistent schedule of hearings and case-related conferences
- Litigate cases from inception through mediation and/or trial when necessary
- Work with staff to compile comprehensive mediation and trail briefs
- Negotiate on behalf of clients
- Stay apprised of court and statutory deadlines
- Prepare for and conduct a trial
- Draft final proceedings
A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Competitive Salary of $60,000 plus depending on experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance with options to add spouse and dependents
- Progressive Paid Time Off starting with one week per year, 9 paid Flex Holidays. The Firm uses a flex holiday schedule to help promote religious and cultural diversity and to support parents so that they can navigate children’s school schedules in a way that is best for their family.
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match (aka, free money)
- Parental, Personal and Bereavement Leave: Additional time off for things like medical appointments for yourself, plays and events for your children that happen during the workday and time to honor and mourn should someone close to you pass away without using your paid time off.
Why You Should Work Here
- You will become part of a unified company culture with teammates who are truly dedicated to success.
- You will work with clients who value your professional service and who really need an attorney to help them through the worst times of their lives.
- You will have a highly trained support staff of paralegals to assist you on cases so that your focus can be on practicing law.
- You will benefit from the tried-and-true marketing efforts of the founding attorney so that you obtain experience on diverse cases from day one.
- You will be in an environment that is always ready to tackle a new initiative and put creative ideas into action.
- You will grow personally and professionally. Every measure is taken to ensure our team members thrive. Paid Continuing Legal Education, bar dues and professional membership dues as well as opportunities to obtain certifications and specializations.
If you’re looking for a job that’s boring and easy, you won’t find that here. We put 110% into everything we do. Greatness is achieved through hard work, discipline, and sacrifice, and we’re determined to be great. We value our clients and our team. We are relationship driven. We subscribe to open and honest communication in a no-drama, no-judgment work environment. We challenge ourselves to creatively solve complex problems. We collaborate together as a team to ensure success. For these reasons, our team members are self-starters, with high attention to detail. We are energetic with strong work ethic and are incredibly driven to provide exceptional client service. We pride ourselves in delivering products that our clients cannot live without.
If this sounds like a perfect fit, send your confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org