Autumn Beck Blackledge, PLLC, a law firm focusing on marital and family law, is seeking a qualified and experienced legal secretary/legal assistant to assist our growing practice in our endeavor to provide exceptional client service and legal acumen to people facing a variety of family law issues. Our firm consists of two full time attorneys, one part time attorney, three legal staff and two interns.
We are not looking to hire just anyone for this job. We require that our new hire to be someone who is committed to our mission and core values. Our mission here at the law firm of Autumn Beck Blackledge is to serve people who are facing the most difficult times of their lives with the highest level of client care, experience and compassion possible.
We desire to exceed expectations at all time. We strive to create a law firm that is known for our ability to obtain excellent legal results, is fiercely protective of our clients and solves the problems they are unable to solve alone.
If you believe you are a person who exemplifies these qualities and believes in our principles, we encourage you to apply.
The successful applicant will be expected to get up to speed quickly with an ongoing legal practice. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- A.A. degree or college degree preferred
- Positive, Joyful Attitude
- 3 or more years of experience as a legal secretary or legal assistant with specific experience with discovery*
- Strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Neat and well-groomed appearance
- Team Player
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency
- Expertise with MS Word and Outlook
- Expertise with Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Serve as the first impression on the telephone for incoming calls and any visitors to the office
- Ensure that the client experience is excellent from the initial call to the conclusion of the firm relationship by keeping all public spaces neat and well organized
- Ensure that all court and time-sensitive deadlines are calendared and executed
- Prepare and organize outbound discovery
- Review and organize incoming discovery
- Managing all discovery and litigation deadlines
- Maintaining client databases and files including the opening and closing of client files
- Drafting, revising, and editing documents in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Use of computers and various software such as Abacus, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat
We offer a competitive salary and benefits to our employees.
If you respond to this ad we will contact you and will require you to email the firm the following: 1) A cover letter describing yourself and why you believe you would be a good fit for our firm in PDF format and 2) a résumé. If you have a legal writing sample, please include it as well.
* If you have less than 3 years of experience as a legal secretary or assistant or lack experience in one of the requirements listed above, please identify this in your cover letter and provide a brief explanation as to why you believe you are still a good fit for the position.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $9.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Life and other insurances as well as 401(k) match
Most of our staff is working remotely to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in our office. However, this position will not be a remote position unless there is exposure or illness.