Experienced Family Law Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Autumn Beck Blackledge, PLLC, a legal practice focusing on marital and family law, is seeking a qualified and experienced paralegal/senior legal assistant to assist our growing practice in our endeavor to provide exceptional client service and legal acumen to people facing a variety of family law issues. Our firm consists of two attorneys and five legal staff.
We are not looking to hire just anyone for this job. We require that our new hire to be someone who is committed to our mission and core values. Our mission here at the law firm of Autumn Beck Blackledge is to serve people who are facing the most difficult times of their lives with the highest level of client care, experience, and compassion possible. We desire to exceed expectations at all time. We strive to create a law firm that is known for our ability to obtain excellent legal results, is fiercely protective of our clients and solves the problems they are unable to solve alone.
If you believe you are a person who exemplifies these qualities and believes in our principles, we encourage you to apply.
The successful applicant will be expected to get up to speed quickly with an ongoing legal practice. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Paralegal Certification preferred
- College degree preferred
- Positive, Joyful Attitude
- 3 or more years of experience as a Paralegal or legal assistant*
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Team Player
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Expertise with MS Word and Outlook
- Expertise with Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Serve as the quarterback for cases assigned and as the “right hand” man or woman to the attorney assigned to your case
- Be the office liaison to existing clients on cases assigned
- Prepare pleadings, legal memoranda, correspondence, and research
- Prepare and review outbound discovery
- Review and organize incoming discovery
- Prepare Trial Binders, Exhibits and PowerPoints
- Prepare questions for direct and cross-examination
- Prepare discovery summaries
- Conduct Potential Client Intakes
- Client service and relationship management
- Drafting, revising, and editing documents in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Coordinating, scheduling, and calendaring appointments and hearings
- Use of computers and various software such as Abacus, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat
We offer a competitive salary and benefits to our employees.
If you respond to this ad we will contact you and will require you to email the firm the following: 1) A cover letter describing yourself and why you believe you would be a good fit for our firm in PDF format and 2) a résumé. Your application materials must be sent via email to us with the subject line “Application for Paralegal/Legal Assistant Position.” In the body of the email, please identify the best way to contact you. If you have a legal writing sample, please include it as well.
* If you have less than 3 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant or lack experience in one of the requirements listed above, please identify this in your cover letter and provide a brief explanation as to why you believe you are still a good fit for the position.
Hiring Event Coming Up!
We are a growing firm and need to fill several different types of positions. Check out our hiring event on January 22, 2019, starting at 5:00 p.m. Come meet our staff in a casual setting at our offices. We are looking to fill all positions: associate attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, secretaries, and marketing personnel.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $12.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Health Insurance, 401K, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and 401(k) match